The Ultimate Hospital Bag - thanks to Instagram mums!
I asked and Instagram answered.
I’ve been putting off preparing my hospital bag as I really want to have a home birth but I know that I’ve got to have a hospital bag ready and packed as who knows what labour will have in store for me this time.
I asked for help over on the gram and was overwhelmed at the response. Seeing as I had all the ingredients of the best hospital bag ever, then I needed to share it!
The ultimate hospital bag - written by mums
- Baby hat
- Nappies – take a 2 packs with you in 2 different sizes as you never know how big or small baby will be.
- Bodysuits – babies need to be really snug and warm.
- Sleep suits - with mitts for ease.
- Muslins – take a whole bundle, as you never know what you’ll need to clean up and also how long you’ll be in the hospital for.
- Scratch mitts – just a pair or too to protect their little face.
- Cotton wool pads
- Water wipes
- Coconut / olive oil (for skin)
- Going home outfit – something special to wrap them up in as it is such a special moment!
- Cellular blanket to keep them warm.
- Snowsuit for the journey home (depending on the time of year)
- Medical folder or maternity notes.
- Lucozade / isotonic drinks to keep your energy levels up during labour.
- Snacks / chewing gum
- Water bottle with straw – to keep hydrated during labour
- Water spray – labour wards can be really warm!
- Phone charger
- Lip balm
- Big knickers and loads of them!
- Nursing bras
- Tena lady / maternity pads
- Breast pads / nipple cream
- Squeezy water bottle – so you can help relieve the stinging when you first go for a wee or poo.
- A dressing gown
- A towel
- Night shirt – something with easy access to the boobs as they’re in and out non-stop
- Flip flops – to wear in the showers / toilets.
- Refreshing face wipes
- A hair brush / make-up / hair bands
- Travel sized shampoo and conditioner / dry shampoo – you never know how long you’ll be away from home.
- Clothes to wear home
- Change for the car park!
- Car seat - put it in the car as early as you can so you know how it fits in.
I hope this helps! I know mine is all sorted now :)
Love Lucy x